If you’re like most people, when you look in the mirror, you aren’t always 100% satisfied with what you see. Perhaps you’ve started to notice crow’s feet around your eyes, especially when you smile. Or you’ve got deepening lines around your mouth – either nasolabial folds (from the corners of your nose to the corners of your lips) or marionette lines (from the corners of your mouth to your chin). Or maybe jowls are starting to form on your jawline. Perhaps your profile reveals the dreaded double chin. What can you do about it? As you’ve probably heard, there are a number of good treatments available. Before you go see a doctor, you’d probably want to have an idea of your options. On which problem areas should you concentrate first? What treatments are available? What does cosmetic surgery cost? What about noninvasive or minimally invasive procedures?
Editor’s Note: Dr. Ritu Malhotra, of Cleveland, Ohio, is one of the nation’s most experienced board certified facial plastic surgeons. In just under two decades she has performed some 4,000 facial plastic surgery procedures. Her practice, the Enhanced Image Center in Cleveland provides outstanding treatment for facial aging, including crow’s feet, jowls, nasolabial folds, marionette lines and a double chin.
You can find some answers in the tables below. You’ll want to write down what you learn and any questions to ask the doctor.
How to use the PROBLEM AND AVAILABLE TREATMENT and PROCEDURE COMPARISON tables.
First – Find your treatment options: CONTACT Dr. Malhotra Cleveland, OH
Start by checking the PROBLEM AND AVAILABLE TREATMENT TABLE. This will help you see available options to treat your problem areas.
- Please Note: the list in the left column shows facial aging concerns. They’re listed from your forehead down to your neck.
- Find the problem area that concerns you (i.e. Crow’s Feet).
- In the next columns to the right, you’ll find the Noninvasive, Minimally Invasive and Office Procedures available to treat crow’s feet. Write down the Noninvasive treatments (Thermage and Pelleve), Minimally Invasive (Botox, fillers) and Office Procedures (Laser resurfacing).
- You can learn more about these treatment options in the PROCEDURE COMPARISON TABLE.
Problem and Available Treatment Table
Next, learn about available treatments for your facial aging issue. The PROCEDURE COMPARISON TABLE helps you compare procedures used to treat your problem area. This will assist you to find the one that’s right for you and get an idea of how much it costs.
Look under Options and locate Botox, for example. In the next columns you’ll see:
- Results in (how soon you’ll see results)
- Duration (how long the benefits usually last)
- Next, locate Fillers in the Options column and note Results in, Downtime, Cost and Duration for this treatment
- Repeat the process for Thermage, Pelleve and Laser Resurfacing
- Finally, go back to the PROBLEM AND AVAILABLE TREATMENT TABLE, find another problem area and follow the same procedure to learn about your options to treat it.
Procedure Comparison Table
I hope you found this information helpful. Of course, with facial rejuvenation another matter must be considered: Which treatment will give you the best results for your particular degree of facial aging? Only a doctor who’s experienced in facial rejuvenation can tell you that. Facial plastic surgeons are in an excellent position to help you get the natural-looking results you want. In Cleveland, you can find me at the Enhanced Image Center. The information you gleaned from using the two tables above should help you get the most out of your consultation with your doctor, wherever you live.